Healthy fitness meals are beneficial for weight management, effective body functioning and for reducing the risks of developing serious diseases. Quality food and healthy eating habits impart effects that do not aid a person for the time being only, but also provide benefits for the long run. Most of the people prefer meals that are not just good for the health, but equally pleasing for the taste buds as well.
DELICIOUS, HEALTHY & EASY RECIPES
- CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD: Chicken is a vital source of protein. When the salad is incorporated with it, it adds vitamins, fibre and minerals. The resulting combination is not just nutritionally beneficial but loaded with flavour also.
- Halved, boneless chicken breasts (2)
- Sweet corn (1 can)
- Finely chopped onion (1)
- Rinsed and drained black beans (1 can)
- Fajita seasoning (1 packet)
- Vegetable oil (1 tablespoon)
- Final cut tomato (1)
- Salsa (1/2 cup)
METHOD: Apply half of the fajita seasoning on the chicken. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken in it from both sides (8 minutes for each side). Mix the corn, salsa, tomatoes and beans along with the remaining half of fajita seasoning in a saucepan. Heat until it gets warm. Mix the seasoned vegetables and beans with pieces of cooked chicken in a bowl and serve.
- Dried basil (1/4 teaspoon)
- Balsamic vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- THREE MINUTE BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE:
- Milk (150 ml)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Banana (1)
- Soft fruit (80 g- whichever you like, strawberries, mango and banana work nicely)
- Vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
METHOD: Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 1 minute, until all the ingredients become smooth. Pour into a glass, to serve.
- LEMON GARLIC BAKED DRUMSTICKS: Chicken drumsticks when baked, contain lower fat and cholesterol than fried drumsticks. Chicken drumsticks are a great source of protein, vitamins and essential minerals. Lemon and garlic add on to drumsticks’ taste thus, creating a scrumptious meal.
- Chicken drumsticks-8 (3 lbs.)
- Olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Soy sauce (1/4 cup)
- Minced garlic cloves (3)
- Lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic in a large bowl. Season using salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes, according to taste. Coat this mixture over the drumsticks by tossing them in the bowl. Once coated, marinate for at least half an hour up to overnight in the refrigerator. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and place in the oven preheated at 450 degrees. Bake the drumsticks until they become golden by at both sides and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- WONDER SOUP: It is popularly known as cabbage soup and takes just 20 minutes to prepare it. This soup works effectively for those who want to reduce weight.
- ¼ cup onion
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- Celery- 1 stalk
- Carrot- 1 small
- Lemon- 1/2 slice for flavour
- Water as needed
- Olive oil 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili
METHOD: Chop all the vegetables and put them aside. Add olive oil in a pan and heat it. Add in onion and fry until golden brown. Now add all other chopped vegetables and stir. Adjust salt and red chilly as per your taste. Now add water and put on the lid to cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Pour it in a bowl and cool down it. Add lemon juice and the wonder soup is ready to be taken.
- BELL PEPPER EGGS: Bell peppers which are naturally fat-free, when combined with eggs, which are a great source of protein form a nutritious meal.
- Eggs (6)
- Salt (to taste)
- Bell pepper (sliced into rings)
- Chopped chives (2 tablespoons)
- Parsley (2 tablespoons)
METHOD: Heat a lightly greased frying pan. Place a bell pepper skillet in the frying pan and sauté for about 2 minutes. After flipping the ring, crack an egg in its middle. Season with salt and pepper and fry until the egg is cooked completely. Lastly, garnish with chives and parsley.
- CHICKPEA SALAD: Chickpeas have several benefits such as, managing weight and improving digestion. They can even serve as an amazing replacement for meat. Making chickpea salad by mixing chickpeas with other healthy ingredients like vegetables and herbs is not just filling for the stomach but, really delicious as well.
- Chickpeas (1 cup)
- Finely chopped sweet onion (1/4 cup)
- Finely cut tomatoes (1 cup)
- Ground garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (1 tablespoon)
METHOD: Toss the chickpeas, onion, tomatoes, garlic Parmesan cheese and basil together in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season the mixture using salt.
- FROZEN YOGHURT FRUIT BITES: For those having a sweet tooth, these frozen yoghurt fruit bites are not only easy to make but equally delicious as well. For those who are working on losing weight and are fond of desserts, this can serve as an amazing solution.
- Low-fat Greek Yogurt (5-6 oz)
- Pieces of Peach (1/2)
- Peeled and chopped kiwi (1/4 cup)
- Blueberries (1/4 cup)
- Raspberries (1/4 cup)
- Halved blackberries (1/4 cup)
- Milk (9 tablespoons)
- Honey (1 tablespoon optional
METHOD: Line a muffin tray with paper liners. Add the yoghurt in a bowl and mix the milk and honey in it. Start pouring the yoghurt mixture in the segments of the tray. Top the yoghurt with different pieces of fruit. Freeze until the yoghurt becomes solid. For serving, remove the tray from the freezer and peel of the paper liner.
- FISH TACOS: Fish tacos are a great source of protein, vitamin-D and omega-3 fatty acids. The combination of crispy tacos, fish, veggies and the drizzled sauce is way too healthy and mouthwatering.
- Fish (any firm white fish like cod, bass, halibut etc.)
- Flour (1/2 cup)
- Corn starch (100 grams)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (1 teaspoon)
- Yoghurt (1/2 cup)
- Mayo (1/2 cup)
- Cabbage (1/2 cup)
- Finely chopped tomatoes (1/2 cup)
- Avocado (1/2 cup)
- Lime (for seasoning)
METHOD: In a bowl, whisk the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cornstarch. For the sauce, whisk together the yoghurt, mayo, lime juice, taco seasoning and black pepper. Cut the fish into pieces of 1 inch. Dip theses fish pieces and pan fry for two minutes on each side. Warm the tortillas in a cast iron pan for 10 seconds on each side, while pressing with a spatula. Add 3-4 pieces of fish on each of the tortillas and then add the toppings and sauce.
All the above-mentioned recipes are very easy to make, beneficial for health and a must try out!